The Pollution Prevention Region 7 Roundtable met on November 14th & 15th in the Westside neighborhood of Kansas City, MO, http://www.downtownkc.org/life/where-to-live/neighborhoods-living-residential/
The meeting began with a presentation by Tanya Mottley, director of EPA’s Pollution Prevention Division. After EPA’s presentation, the two regional participants who attended the State-EPA dialogue reported on the meeting which took place this fall.
The following P2 programs in the region briefly reported on their activities:
- Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality
- University of Nebraska Lincoln: Partners in Pollution Prevention
- University of Nebraska at Omaha: Pollution Prevention Regional Information Center
- Kansas State University: Pollution Prevention Institute
- Kansas Department of Health & Environment
- University of Missouri: Missouri Environmental Assistance Center
- University of Northern Iowa: Iowa Waste Reduction Center
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources: Pollution Prevention Services
- Iowa Office of Energy Independence
The balance of the meeting offered presentations to enhance TAP staff awareness and understanding, and to provide context for roundtable discussions.
- Christopher Russell of energypathfinder.com/ presented on improving the calculations of return on investment for energy efficiency projects as a model for environmental projects.
- Drs. Elizabeth Malone and Amy Wolfe from the DOE FEMP Initiative provided an overview of their project and cited the creation of a three-hour training program based on their research at http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/femp/training/course_detail_ondemand.cfm/CourseId=142
- Environmental Outcomes: Environmental Health Results
- USDA research and development of new food processing technologies was offered by Tara McHugh of the USDA/ARS Western Regional Research Center in Albany, CA https://roundtable.p2ric.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/EPA.pdf.
- EPA representatives Steve Wurtz and Dr. Greenwald offered a session on TRI data and how it can be used to promote P2 https://roundtable.p2ric.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Region-7-Utilities-Comparison.pdf
A review of past strategic planning led to a process for moving forward for the regional roundtable.
Importantly, the agenda and the available presentations are available here: https://roundtable.p2ric.org/2012/10/29/p2-region-7-roundtable-agenda-nov-14-15/